Wednesday, June 21, 2017

AN IMPORTANT HAND SIGNED CONFIDENTIAL LETTER BY ALBERT EINSTEIN, REVEAL HIS RESERVATIONS OF ASSOCIATING WITH COMMUNISM EVEN IN THE FIGHT AGAINST FASCISM.


When he was in Princeton, NJ, Einstein wrote to Professor Albert Sprague Coolidge of Harvard University on February 16, 1934:
My dear Professor Coolidge
I had an opportunity of meeting personally Lord Marley and has [sic] very favorably impressed by his personality. 
It became known to me that he sympathizes with the Russian Government, i.g. with the Russian communist party and that the committee for which he is active is influenced by communists. 
The problem as to the attitude which is advisable to be taken towards this committee is rather complicated. 
On the one hand, the world-wide danger of fascism makes it necessary that all enemies of fascism cooperate; on the other hand, an action which has communist leanings might endanger that fight since the important task undertaken in defense of culture and civilization may be linked up with interests of a political party. 
I, myself have severed my connections with the committee, which, with my permission had used my name up to the end of last year. 
It seems to me advisable to take an attitude as follows: to help their action against fascism, but not to identify oneself with the committee. 
Very truly yours, 
A. Einstein 
P.S. I wish you would be good enough to use this strictly confidentially.

No comments: