Saturday, April 01, 2017

The Echo Chamber makes Implacable Enemies

So, you thought things couldn’t get worse during the campaign?
I thought we had reached the bottom with Boark, then Clarence Thomas (how tame are memories of politics during Bush 41?)
During the election campaign, actually as far back as Obamacare’s introduction, I had been tweeting back and forth including many DM’s with one Greg Dworkin (@DemfromCT) , a HuffPo contributor and aficionado. We began over his disbelief over the process I found, and the fact of my premium for one ($1378/month). He eventually came to recognize the facts, but told me as I prepared to skip affordable medical insurance (after 2 heart attacks) that one day in a few years I would be on Medicare.
Then came Merritt Garland and a very intelligent discussion in which I posited that a nomination like this had NOT occurred since the last year of the president’s term after the ‘Tilden’ election. This was an interesting tilt since Tilden the Dem had lost as Gore had ( so was 2000 the ‘Gore election’?), in a SCOTUS decision post-election, and concession was granted if the winner, Rutherford Hayes ended the occupation of the South during his term. He did and in his last year, nominated a lifelong republican, who had moved to the highly D south, who had converted to D to get elected a judge, to SCOTUS in the face of BOTH houses of a divided govt. (William Burnham Woods, who was confirmed by the Democrat-controlled Senate. To provide further historical perceptive, less than 50 votes were cast in that vote in the Senate). Hayes made another appointment, this time of a Republican, AND THE SENATE REFUSED TO ACT. Garfield renominated Stanley Matthews.
Now, Dworkin is maintaining the line of Trump=Nixonian thief. Billionaire thief? Along with the ‘obvious’ collusion with Russia yadda in which I would not open my eyes (something echoing a comment by my son in law).
When I asked him why he thought Putin was motivated to choose Trump when he had been promising huge increases in conventional armaments, and modernization of all 3 legs of the nuclear deterrent forces, while HRC would be a continuation of the previous 8 years, he told me all my ranting and railing over Hillary was hot air?
When I asked him if he thought Putin would choose Trump because Putin believed nationalism would make the USA weaker, he told me I was useless.
What makes this worse is that it was always clear from the start that I supported certain POLICIES, not especially the man (Trump) himself. It was the policies which were the actual enemies. To the Democrats, Trump merely personified them.
We never even reached the idea of an out of control executive branch and IC acting in the midst of an election under the shade of a foreign counterintelligence investigation, to move against a nominee, and then an elected president for PURE political ends.
Maybe the idea of a convo with the enemy which could be seen by others with Bolshevik level outcomes as the sole objective is what he thought of. Or it was genuine.
Dialectic over facts.  Dialectic over discussion. Dialectic over compromise. Dialectic over anything.

Bolshevism…dedication to complete overthrow. All means are proper. All efforts to that end must be uniformly supported. No deviation or compromise to weaken the forces of overthrow are tolerable.
Implacable enmity.

AND IT’S GOING TO GET WORSE

When they got control they didn’t shoot the Czar.
They shot him and his WHOLE FAMILY.
Understand why Kerensky had no clue?
Now make that American style and you know why the Republicans today and TRUMP HIMSELF are fumbling around. It’s not business as usual. They have a knife in a gunfight.
This is Guadalcanal, boy and girls in DC.
WAKE UP
Start by passing a 2 year nuke rule change in the Senate, and act.
Already today, there won’t be more than 2 or 3 Democrats who will even LISTEN to anything you have to say. In the end, it will just be Manchin. Sometimes. He will not be tolerated by them.

4 comments:

Pastorius said...

Alright, so your post is a history lesson.

I had already forgotten about Merritt Garland. I had forgotten Tilden. And I never knew Kerensky.

So yeah, I had to look them up.

Looking forward to the day I can have Google search directly streamed into my brain.

LOL

The point of this post is, The Dems breach no compromise. In that way they are like the Bolsheviks. And anyone who doesn't recognize that will end up living in exile. The Republicans, including Trump, don't understand that EVERYTHING IS ALL OR NOTHING. The only way they are going to get any of their agenda passed is to band together for everything they want, just like the Bolsheviks.

But almost all the Republicans hate Trump. That's pretty clear. They like his Supreme Court nominee. But they don't like anything else about him.

We seem to be at an impasse.

Not surprising.

Your reference to Bolshevekism may seem extreme, but I don't think it is as extreme as what might happen in the United States if the agenda the people voted for is thwarted by do-nothing NeverTrumper scum.

Epaminondas said...

Is what Lois Lerner began extreme?
Making climate change QUESTIONS a crime, extreme?
Outlawing fake news, extreme (California right now)
Brownshirting differing opinions in the places ideas are exchanged, extreme?

The dems are BOLSHEVIKS.

There can be no compromise because they will not allow it. In the mirror they MUST see good, therefore opposition must be evil and evil must be stamped out in the pursuit of good.

Pastorius said...

I absolutely agree with you.

And I live in California. It's a very strange place to live, for someone like me, at this point in history.

Anonymous said...

I did not get most of what you said, except for the end piece, with which I agree completely. And yes, the worse is yet to come because nobody is willing to see reality. And yes, their Bolchevism is what made them join forces with the Islamic forces of Jihad.