Tuesday, March 08, 2016

Pope Francis Says 'It is a Social Fact' That Europe is Seeing an 'Arab Invasion' and That's a Good Thing


Pope Francis referred to an 'Arab invasion' when he was recalling the moments of mass migration to Europe in history, according the Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano. 'Today we can talk about an Arab invasion. It is a social fact,' he told his audience. 
The pope went on to explain that the arrival of migrants, predominantly from Syria and Iraq, should be seen from a wider perspective in time and impact. 
He insisted Europe will 'go forward and find itself enhanced by the exchange among cultures.' Speaking proudly of Europe, the Pope declared that the continent 'can bring about a certain unity to the world.'

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Satan get thee hence!

FreeThinke said...

Pope Francis should be considered an embarrassment to the Christian community at best.

I, personally, would classify him as a very dirty Communist Dog –– an enemy of what's-left-of-the Free World.

Several serious Roman Catholics I know would agree.

Pastorius said...

Yeah, I'm sure there are many Catholics who do not like this Pope.

Anonymous said...

Remember: this is supposed to be the last pope, who according to St. Malachy will preside over the worse persecution Christianity ever saw....

And yes, as a Catholic, his co-national and near contemporary, I understand where he comes from, and he is an embarrassment. From the start I kept what I called "reserved prognosis" whenever someone would ask me what I thought of the new pope. The fact that he was a "peronista" really rubbed me the wrong way. You can work among the poor, but peronismo is the wrong ideology. Then it turned out that he was hiding his support for Liberation Theology all along, he openly spoke against capitalism, making it obvious where his sympathies lie. I DON'T LIKE OR TRUST THE GUY.
But if you read what he said about this Arab invasion, I don't think it's that clear he actually said it is good. I'm not saying he did not mean it. I'm saying he used carefully picked words which can be interpreted either way. Any way, the guy is straight as a croissant. I believe I've already said this in a previous comment. Sorry.

Charles Martel

Pastorius said...

You're right, Charles. He did not say, or at least, here, he is not quoted as saying "it is good."

He said, "Europe will be enhanced" by it.

He might mean this in the traditional Christian manner that God can bring good things out of evil. That might be what he means.

Given that this Pope was, just a few months back, asking the armies of the world to help his Nuns and Priests by fighting against ISIS, I don't understand where the man gets off supporting the demographic invasion of Europe.

He's a fool.