Sunday, October 04, 2015

My Review of Lone Survivor

I had really looked forward to seeing this movie. I had heard it was a sad, but inspirational look at our soldiers in battle.

Instead, I came away disgusted, and paradoxically convinced that EVERYONE SHOULD BE FORCED TO SEE THIS FILM.

It's horrible.

It's a horrible, maddening thing to watch.

It is a unrelenting depiction of how we beat our warriors into politically correct knife edges, and send them out into the field of battle to murder themselves.

And, then, when they can't get out, to call in more fellow warriors to murder themselves too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate your spot on perspective on this. My husband and I had the same take away. We met Danny Dietz's parents when we visited his memorial here in Colorado.
I feel horribly sad to know their son was sacrificed on the alter of political correctness.

Pastorius said...

Thanks for letting me know.

I was afraid to post this. I don't want to offend anyone. But this was my take.

Anonymous said...

No argument to you main point but the root cause of the tragedy was a simple and inexplicable failure of the communication gear.

Pastorius said...

Hmm.

That's not the way I saw it.

The root cause of the tragedy was the intrusion of the goatherders and their inability to do what needed to be done.

The clip I posted here is about 1 1/2 too short. If I could have posted a clip of the whole scene, you would have seen that the argument included an honest assessment of all their choices, and a discussion of their not being able to take any of the good options because "you'll end up in Leavenworth."

Does that seem like a reasonable conversation for soldiers to have to have when they are trying to keep themselves alive?

christian soldier said...

read the book and then viewed the movie when it first came out--note-
I do not usually go to the theaters to watch movies--
and YES- it should be required reading and viewing in our schools --my take!
C-CS

christian soldier said...

BTW-0 the RoEs are murdering out BEST!
C-CS