Saturday, May 03, 2014

Call and Response

Jaco Pastorius
John and Mary
(my favorite Jaco number)
Weather Report
River People
Joni Mitchell w/ Jaco, Pat Methany,
Michael Brecker
Coyote
And the air conditioned cubicles
And the carbon ribbon rides
Are spelling it out so clear
Either he's going to have to stand and fight
Or take off out of here

The Dry Cleaner From Des Moines
I'm down to a roll of dimes
I'm stalking the slot that's hot
I keep hearing bells all around me
Jingling in the lucky jackpots

Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
Love is never easy street!
Now we are black and white
Embracing out in the lunatic New York night
It's very unlikely we'll be driven out of town
Or be hung in a tree
That's unlikely!

 

 
 

1 comment:

Pastorius said...

Yeah, John and Mary is probably my favorite too. Although, my favorite composition of Jaco's is Three Views of a Secret.