Friday, September 06, 2013

Walmart employee fired for using first amendment rights

Disgusting: CAIR Forces WalMart To Fire Employee For Joking About Muslims On Facebook

How many “Christian Organizations” have gotten anyone fired for the rampant and incessant criticism of Christianity everywhere? And yet somehow CAIR, the Council on American-Islamic Relations, got WalMart to fire an employee for making a simple joke about Muslims on Facebook.
A Facebook rant about Muslims by an employee of a Walmart store in Hamburg has prompted the retail giant to fire the man.
The derogatory posting on Friday morning was brought to the attention of Wal-Mart Stores executives by a member of the local Muslim community and by a national Muslim advocacy organization.The assistant manager at the Walmart on Southwestern Boulevard in Hamburg posted a photograph from behind of two Muslim women dressed in full cover and the written comments: “Halloween came early this year … do they really have to … dress like that … your in my country … get that … off!!!!!.”
The employee was identified as Terry Earsing by the Council on American-Islamic Relations, a national civil liberties organization that advocates on behalf of Muslims and had urged “appropriate disciplinary action” in the matter.
Absolutely ridiculous. I can almost see WalMart censuring the employee (even that would be too much) but to fire him is an intolerable lapse of judgement on their part.
Is this how Americans react now to pressure from groups that are perennially offended by jokes?
I especially enjoyed this comment on the post:
Hey rag head, I came to America as a child and was told, "You are in America, be American. No more Spanish and speak English. My mom waited 7 years and she had to learn English and the civics for citizenship. Now you guys come along whining and crying about being picked on. Yes, when I am behind your women, I make comments about revealing their pig faces. Only once was I asked to leave, but I said after the pig faced women get out. YES, I was picking on your women. And it was fun. Now do you want to blow each other, oops hahaha I forgot Do you want to blow each other up? don't try to do that Shiria law on my, I don't play that games. This is my country, be American

I don't know what is going to happen to my country. Things are getting out of hand here and nothing is being done about it. It seems to me that companies and people are afraid. Afraid to stand up for the rights and freedoms our country stands by. What this man did was freedom of speech, period. But, Walmart is so damn afraid of backlash that they fired an employee for using that right?

On another note, a friend of mine was in the hospital recently. Her choice of meals was between halal and crap food. Yes, this hospital is in Dearborn.

I am totally disgusted by all of this.

No comments: