Thursday, February 14, 2013

This is not why I worked Voter Registration Tables in the South in 1966


CBS DENVER:
A school principal said no white children were allowed at an after-school tutoring program, and now some parents call it discrimination.
The principal at Mission Viejo Elementary in Aurora sent a letter telling parents the program is only for students of color. Parents CBS4 talked with said they were shocked to see, in this day and age, what they consider to be segregation.
“I was infuriated. I didn’t understand why they would include or exclude certain groups,” said parent Nicole Cox, who is white.
What the eff are we doing?
“We have come so far in all of these years to show everybody that everyone is equal, that everyone should be treated equally … this is a form of bullying,” Cox said.
No it’s not bullying.
IT’S RACISM, with an asterisk
I’m getting sick of all this stuff.

3 comments:

christian soldier said...

the paretns of the white children shoudl sue-
do we have a NAAWP type advocacy group anywhere!?
C-CS

Pastorius said...

I like the phrase, "it's racism with an asterisk".

But, when it comes right down to it, it's just racism.

Benue said...

I'm sorry, but for some reason I just can't stop thinking about Nikki Cox now...