Thursday, April 26, 2012

You Are Left or You Are Left Behind: Multicultural Cruelty

The following was printed in American Thinker on April 25th, 2012
Dear Conservative Friends,
Below I have reprinted one of the most painful letters I have ever received.  Sandra and I (as all names herein, this is a pseudonym) were the only two people in our doctoral program cohort for three and a half years.  As a team of two, we took the same courses and endured the same abuse from the same professors.  We would eagerly share gossip and insights after every class and commiserate after every intellectual and emotional hurdle.  Through our frequent meals and shared struggles we became very close.  In the letter below, Sandra tells me that her "integrity as a global citizen" demands that she no longer communicate with me.
After reading the letter below, imagine Sandra's openness on a hiring committee!  The domination of academia's multicultural dogma means that Americans cannot discuss Islam, immigration, or many other vital topics without being called "racist."  I have tried in vain to explain that sustaining the West provides the greatest hope for women, LGBT folk, and freedom of conscience; after the West falls, Western "human rights" values will not predominate.  Protecting the West is progressive.  This chilling letter shows the extent to which multiculturalism is a cult and not system of beliefs open to debate.
You should learn from my mistakes. I stepped down as the head of the Brooklyn Tea Party when two of my oldest friends threatened to never speak to me again if I continued to advocate "culturism" as an alternative to multiculturalism.  Even after I stepped down, one of them immediately disowned me.  Another has remained friends, but we no longer discuss politics.  I had suspected that Sandra would not speak with me due to political disagreements.  As the letter conveys, I greatly overestimated the extent to which people's hearts can override indoctrination.
Revenge partially motivates my reprinting of this letter.  I am bitter at what multicultural dogma has done to my nation and to my friendships.  I hope that in years to come, Sandra will look up this letter and see what a horrid "humanitarian" she was, call me, and apologize.  But I also hope that somehow a liberal will read it and realize how personally cruel liberal dogmatism has made him or her.  Then perhaps we might begin to restore some tolerance for a diversity of opinions.  Our nation, our hearts, and some friendships might get rescued in the process.
* * *
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2012 13:42:25 -0400
Subject:
From: Sandra.multiculturalist@msu.edu
To: pressjohn@hotmail.com
Dear John,
Writing to you having finally finished all the candidacy requirements, proposal defense, and am looking forward to a summer of dissertation writing.  It must seem like a lifetime ago when we were in classes together.  Jack Franklin and Adam are still plugging away as well - although neither of them make it to Jefferson Square all that much.  There is new student in the program - Jim Bernstein, so a warped form of the entering class of Fall 2006 lives on.
I received your facebook request and notice of your publication and thought that I should actually write you back rather than avoid the topic.  As you know, it has been my idea that backing away was a gentler form of conflict than direct confrontation, however I have more recently discovered that the other party cannot read my mind and communication would save years of misinterpretation.
So basically I was approaching our relationship on a very familiar level with the thought that I don't have to approve of all that my family members believe and do in order to maintain relationships with them. I was very fond of you and really felt like we were comrades-in-arm having survivor hazing from historians in all shapes and forms -be they real, would be, or historian of education.
In the process of becoming a doctoral candidate my bubble was burst and I began to realize that the relational framework in which I lived in was not enough and I have begun to take responsibility for the political consequences and social implications of my own thoughts and actions.  This shedding of my more provincial self, therefore, lead to a more nuanced look at my associations and actions. I could no longer approve-by-association your public work to rally against building a mosque downtown, your concept of Americanization, your tea-party work, blog postings, etc.  I had to begin to consider our relationship not fraternally but as colleagues.
So frankly I cannot approve of your politics and maintain my own personal integrity as a global citizen.  I apologize if this sounds hurtful as I do have a tender spot for you.  I feel as if we grew up together in a certain sense - bumping into the sharp edges within this rabbit hole called NYU.  I fondly remember the steps we traveled together; I am grateful for the company at the time; and I wish you well in the future.
All my best,
Sandra


Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/04/you_are_left_or_you_are_left_behind_lessons_in_multicultural_cruelty.html#ixzz1t71zjd4P

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This happened to me with my doctor the other day. She has been my doctor for the last three years. I have seen her maybe four times in the three years. She asked me why I did not go to the referral she gave me on my last visit with her. I thought it best to just say honestly that I would feel very uncomfortable going to a muslim doctor.

Perhaps she does not know the hate that is to be found in that book for anyone who is not a muslim and for women? Perhaps she knows nothing of the violent history of islam and its totalitarian ideology? Perhaps she does not know that the man that muslims venerate was, by psychiatric definition, a psychopath, unworthy even of redemption?

She acted disgusted with me. I also think she has told another doctor of mine of my "views." But that would be her very narrow and prejudicial view of my "views." She would dare to call me a bigot while giving a pass to the most intolerant system of belief on this planet. How does any intelligent human being justify the depravity of life in an islamic theocracy and its laws?

Needless to say I know how John feels. It is an issue that plagues my every day as we are having to accept muslims and their customs in our midst whether we as American citizens like it or not and also the meme, as our president says, that this is a muslim nation???

Excuse me, but I'm having a hard time with it all.

Anonymous said...

citizen of the world just means self loathing kapo who sides with the evil doers around the globe, call good evil and evil good.

shake the dust of her off your feet and move on.

the real racists are on the left. culture is the most important thing not genes all cultures are not equal and some are evil degenerate and dangerous, the inability to make this distinction makes her a moral idiot.

Epaminondas said...

A pompous self righteous Stanley Baldwin act.

Pastorius said...

rumcrook is right.

But, it is very painful and lonely being a brave fighter for what is right.

History is made up, in many cases, not just of people who had political wind behind their backs, but of people who died hated, hunted, and in obscurity.

Pastorius said...

Another thing that is important to mention here is, you have a Phd, you've taught at NYU, you are a Published Author, and yet, not only are you not able to get a position as a Professor, but the truth is, you have been unable to get any position commensurate with your education and experience.

Doors have been repeatedly slammed in your face, and the truth is, that is probably because of who you are, the stands that you have taken, and the fact that, while all the rest of us here at IBA do what we do under pseudonyms, you use your real name.

I'm pretty sure I would be fired from my job if my name were to become public.

I do admire what you are doing, but I also am acutely aware of the fact that my admiration doesn't put food on your table.

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys. I needed your firm, unequivocal support, rumcrook. I stand my ground. I offer up facts. But yes, it is hard. And it gets to you and you are tempted to live whatever life you have left avoiding the issue, but the encroachment is sickening and their audacity and aggressiveness and shamlessness, just stunning, as is the amount of constant propaganda we are faced with daily anymore. There were two questions on Millionaire last week about pisslam. I love Meredith, but who the hell is writing those questions? Why are we constantly besieged with pisslamic propaganda everywhere in the media and why are any questions or statements regarding the criminality and depravity of moepsychopath always deleted from forums? I am talking to as many people as I can and as loudly as I can. But, yes, it is daunting work as most people do not even know anything about this cult and the evil it perpetrates and espouses.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to read the letter because it is completely and totally F*ud up.

And f*** what Obama says, America never was and will never be a Muslim nation. F*** even the thought of that.

Unknown said...

Anonymous with Doctor and Pastorius, We get slammed personally and politically. We cannot mention immigration. And, yes, work is hard to come by when every damn application requires fealty to diversity. I will likely write an article about my recent job search. EVERY private school has a prominent diversity message on its site. As a culturist, I am doomed.

Check out this article I recently got published at American thinker. I didn't put it here because I was already aghast and frightened that it got published with my name!

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/04/multiculturalism_in_the_work_place.html

Keep on a living!!

Pastorius said...

I just read the article, John. Great stuff as usual.

I work in a company which works with the public. I am a salesperson. If I was put in a "White Male Affinity Group" and asked to discuss issues pertaining to my employment with other white males, we would have something to discuss about the way we are oppressed in our position.

Of that there is no doubt.

Our corporation believes that white males who do sales can only be given leads of people with Anglo names.

This means I do most of my business with white people and black people.

That is fine, except for the fact that white people are culturally biased against buying the product I sell, and black people cancel appointments at a very high percentage rate.

And, then I get blamed for my low "meeting ratio".

I also get about 1/5 the leads of a Hispanic or Asian salesperson. So, my total sales numbers are lower than the Hispanics and Asians. However, my closing percentage is way, way higher.

The corporate administrators have not been able to figure that one out yet. I know the answer, but my knowing the answer does not do any good.

I have complained to the VP and to my Managers about the racism inherent in the process. I am seen as a nut for my complaint, as you can imagine.

The truth is, it's not racism that is the problem here. It is Culturism. They divide leads up by race, because races have a cultural affinity, and therefore, for instance, Hispanic salespeople (no matter what country they are from) will tend to sell better to HIspanis than will Anglos. That's just the truth. I recognize it. It does not mean that I, as an Anglo, do not have a unique ability to sell to Hispanics (a talent which I actually believe I do possess). But, the funny thing is, if I keep pushing my issues as racially-based, then eventually, the Administration is going to have to use Culturist arguments to counter my complaints.

Do you see what I mean?

Unknown said...

Pastorius,

Absolutely! Cultural differences are real. I have no doubt that black people canceling appointments and white people being culturally biased against your product is true.

And this impacts you heavily. Your employer is thinking like a culturist. He or she recognizes that cultural affinity works and that people can sell better, often to those that share their culture.

And, even if they did not divide by ethnicity, you would need to be culturst in your sales practices. You wouldn't mention certain words with whites or get firmer appointment dates with blacks or . . .

This is not racist! The imagined diversity group would cry like mad if the system worked against them. The truth is culturist. It has very little to do with race; it has nothing to do with genetic dispositions.

Now extrapolate that to the education system. To say that hispanics study less than Asians is not a racist argument; and it is not fault of the white man's attitudes.

But multiculturalism shows this as proof that society is racist. And, they call all who would discuss it as cultural as racist too.

But, I bet your employer is not racist; he is a culturist. And his ability to make culturist policies is crucial to his company's survival. Well our being able to discuss diversity without being called racist is important to our survival too.

Thanks! John