Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Screamin' on the left, yellin' on the right

Hippies to the left of me, bible thumpers to the right. . .

That Other rocker from Michigan
Care

Day by day my life gets colder
My ice grows thin, as I get older
Peace in peaces, bloody and bruised
I feel so helpless and confused

[Bridge]
Cuz I hear screamin on the left
yellin on the right
I'm sitting in the middle tryin to live my life

[Chorus]
Cuz I cant stop the war
Shelter homeless, feed the poor
I can't walk on water
I can't save your sons and daughters
I can't change the world and make things fair
The least that I can do
The least that I can do
The least that I can do is care

I pray and pray for life's salvation
Faith is tried and true in tribulation
Love is lost and lonely, check the news
And with these open arms I'll wait for you

[Bridge]
Cuz I hear screamin on the left
And yelling on the right
Im sitting in the middle trying to live my life

[Chorus]
Cuz I cant stop the war
Shelter homeless, feed the poor
I can't walk on water
I can't save your sons and daughters
I can't change the world to make things fair
The least that I can do
The least that I can do
The least that I can do is care

For the life of me, I can't see how the devil keeps enticing me
All u sees a felon, I know god can see whats right in me
How I can be labeled as a villain in the first place
When the worst case senerio is my birth place
Im just tryin to keep from fallin victim to the murder rate
Take my life lesson convincing the adolecents
There's a god up in heaven, sending down blessins
And ur furture ain't brighter than ur present
Quit Stressin

They re screamin on the left
Yellin on the right
While im sittin in the middle trying to live my life

Cuz I cant stop the war
Shelter homeless, feed the poor
Cant walk on water I cant save ur sons and daughters
I cant change the world to make things fair
The least that I can do is care

Yeah I cant stop the war
Shelter homeless feed the poor
I cant walk on water
I cant save ur sons and daughters
I cant change the world and make things fair
The least that I can do
The least that I can do
The least that I can do
Oh is CARE

Amen



Blue Jeans and a Rosary



And it's nice to find a celeb who isn't campaigning for Obama.

CBS:

Kid Rock rocks the house for Mitt Romney

Mitt Romney, Kid Rock

Republican presidential candidate, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, shakes hands with Kid Rock at a campaign event at the Royal Oak Music Theatre in Royal Oak, Mich., Monday, Feb. 27, 2012.

(Credit: AP Photo/Carlos Osorio)

ROYAL OAK, MI - For months, the Romney campaign has been rolling out endorsements from every prominent politician and business leader it can get its hands on. Tonight, Romney got an actual rock star.

Surprising an enthusiastic crowd of over a thousand people at the Royal Oak Music Theater, Kid Rock - one of Michigan's most famous musicians - performed his hit, "Born Free," which has become Romney's campaign theme song.

The song debuted on the trail with Romney in early December in Arizona, and it plays on repeat at almost every single Romney event.

Romney himself revealed his mystery guest tonight, saying, "I'm happy to introduce a son of Detroit, a friend, a guy who makes great music who introduces me everywhere I go: Kid Rock!"

(Watch Kid Rock perform "Born Free" for Mitt Romney.)

At first glance, the pair make an unlikely duo: Romney is the strict Mormon who plays up his conservative values, while Kid Rock is the tattooed and rambunctious celebrity with more than a few songs celebrating his wild side.

The two met on Thursday at Kid Rock's home, after Romney returned to Michigan from Arizona.

According to a campaign aide, they spent an hour together, and discussed topics of shared interest to the two: commitment to country, Detroit, and the troops.

Romney asked Kid Rock if he would perform a "closing song" at this event, and the next day, the two exchanged personal emails, where Kid Rock confirmed he would join.

Romney shared parts of the encounter tonight.

"He had a piece of paper in front of him. He had some questions for me. He said, 'First off,' he said, 'Mitt, if you're elected president, will you help me help the state of Michigan?' I said I would. He said, 'If you're elected president, will you help me help the city of Detroit?' I said I would," Romney recalled. "And then I turned to him. I said, 'By the way, given the fact I'm willing to do those things, would you be willing to come here and perform a concert tonight for my friends?'"

The night was not all raucous rock, however. Before the musical performance, Romney delivered strong words for the Michiganders on hand and looked ahead to the general election.

"I think the reason that I'm going to beat Barack Obama in Michigan this fall is because this is going to be a contest about who can strengthen the economy," Romney said. "And we'll look at his record, and it's been a failure. And we'll look at my record, and the successes I've had, and I'm going to be able to talk about the economy with great ability he doesn't have.

"And my commitment to getting America working again will be second to none," he continued. "And for that reason, I'm going to win in Michigan, and I'm going to win across the country."

Romney, however, is be no means the presumptive nominee here.

"To get to that spot, of course, I've first got to be the nominee," he said. "I need you guys to get out and vote tomorrow, get your friends out and vote."

Ann Romney, who stood by her husband's side tapping her feet and clapping her hands during Kid Rock's performance, also played up her Wolverine State roots. She praised Romney as a leader who could fix Washington.

Touting her husband's record of turning around the Olympics and businesses, she said, "In everything he's done, he's done it with excellence, integrity, and just success in everything he's done. That's what we need to have happen in Washington. I'm ready for some sanity to be brought back to Washington, can't wait to see this guy do it."

Born Free



Fast, on a rough road riding
High, through the mountains climbing
twisting, turning further from my home.
Young, like a new moon rising
Fierce, through the rain and lightning
Wandering out into this great unknown.

And I don't want no one to cry.
But, tell 'em if I don't survive

I was born free!
I was born free
I was born free, born free.

Free, like a river raging
Strong as the wind I’m facing.
Chasing dreams and racing father time.
Deep like the grandest canyon,
Wild like an untamed stallion.
If you can’t see my heart you must be blind.

You can knock me down and watch me bleed
But you can’t keep no chains on me.

I was born free!
I was born free
I was born free, born free.

And I'm not good at long goodbyes
But look down deep into my eyes
I was born free.

Calm, facing danger
Lost, like an unknown stranger
Grateful for my time with no regrets

Close to my destination
Tired, frail and aching
Waiting patiently for the sun to set

And when it's done, believe that I
will yell it from that mountain high

I was born free
I was born free
I was born free, born free

I will bow to the shining sea
And celebrate God's grace on thee


Nope, this doesn't mean I like Romney, or any of the other candidates any better.

I'm so fuckin' fed up with D.C. overall (both sides) and the ObamaClooneyBelushibots especially that I felt like giving some equal time to a rocker standing on the other side.

I mean, besides Nuge, of course :)

No comments: