Friday, February 18, 2011

Qaradawi addresses huge crowd in Cairo, bans Leftist uprising leader Ghonim from stage




The Leftist/Islamic Supremacist Alliance breaks down when the Islamic supremacists have no more use for the Leftists. "Egypt protest hero Wael Ghonim barred from stage," from Jihad Watch.
Google executive Wael Ghonim, who emerged as a leading voice in Egypt's uprising, was barred from the stage in Tahrir Square on Friday by security guards, an AFP photographer said. Ghonim tried to take the stage in Tahrir, the epicentre of anti-regime protests that toppled President Hosni Mubarak, but men who appeared to be guarding influential Muslim cleric Yusuf al-Qaradawi barred him from doing so.

Ghonim, who was angered by the episode, then left the square with his face hidden by an Egyptian flag.
Click on the title to get the whole story at Jihad Watch.

There's also this:

The Muslim Brotherhood begins its own post-Mubarak transition, after deliberately downplaying its religious message during the uprising, waiting to make its move.

They know they have the support of so much of a population that is already highly receptive to a Sharia regime: a poll published just over two weeks ago showed Egyptians at once largely think democracy is the most preferable form of government (59% of participants), but also want to see stonings (82%) and a death penalty for apostasy (84%).

There will be a rude awakening for the many in the West who have come to assume democracy and human rights by any standard they would recognize are a package deal.

10 comments:

Epaminondas said...

Ghonim is a marked man

Pastorius said...

His only crime is Willful Naivete.

He is Uncovered Meat of the Ideological Kind.

Anonymous said...

But, But, But... Jummuh Carter, America's Oracle on Middle Eastern Affairs, promised us that the Islamists and the Muslim Brotherhood would be marginalized in post-Mubarak Egypt.


Alexander Munch, any word on the possibility of me making aliyah?? T.I.A.

Anonymous said...

On the subject of "aliyah". That is only for Jewish people.

AS for gentiles, the only way you can move there is through normal immigration channels.

Seeing how a lot of (leftist) gentiles act in Israel, Israelis are not waiting there for us with their arms wide open (understandably).

Anonymous said...

Thx. I know that the term "aliyah" does not apply to gentiles, but a gentile foreigner can become a citizen if he/she resides in Israel for three out of five years and intends to make Israel his/her permanent home.


I suppose that I could have made my question confusing if I would have asked: How do I immigrate legally to Israel? How can I pick up legal permanent resident status as a foreign gentile?

The confusion is my fault and I apologize.

Pastorius said...

I suppose that I could have made my question confusing ...


Uh, don't you mean less confusing?

;-)

Just fuckin' wit' ya'.

Anonymous said...

You got me. Thanks for the catch.

Pastorius said...

I will email Alexander.

Alexander Münch said...

O.K., O.K., O.K. !

Dear Pasto,Ano & AA !

I know ! I promised ! Sorry for the delay !

I'm working for the past two weeks in the De-Salination Plant in Eilat !
( And yes, I had coffee with Mubarak... )

As a matter of fact, I did write some stuff on the subject for you. It turned out to be too academic and too philosophical !
I deleted both drafts because the stuff you find on Google is much more accurate, straight to the point and "Tailor made" for you !

I'm not going to run away from my promise !

All I can add to enrich your knowledge on the subject, Is my own experience !

And there is fucking lot of it !!!

I will do it directly Via your e-mail addresses .

A&J are at home for the weekend and I had to ask their permission to use the PC to write you this note ...

Alex.

P.S.
Ano, Enter my blog and leave your e-mail on the side bar. (Chatango)
.

Anonymous said...

I think if you have some sort of a degree or experience or anything that would help the state of Israel and wouldn't take away jobs from the local population then you can apply for immigration. But that's what I think and have seen on google.

It is hard to immigrate to Israel, almost as hard as it is to immigrate to the US (legally).

But like you guys, I am going to wait for Alex's reply on it to see if there is a way. And if there is, I am going to be one of the first ones to get in line.