Thursday, November 26, 2009

Senator Conrad's insulting defense of trying KSM in New York

David Jeffers
Democrat Senator from North Dakota, Kent Conrad, while defending the Obama Administration's decision to try al Qaeda terrorists in civilian courts, said:

"If people don't believe in our system, maybe they ought to go somewhere else."

Really Senator Conrad? Would you like to retract that statement?

I am a Gold-Star Father, meaning my son Sergeant Eddie Jeffers was killed in Iraq. I am opposed to terrorists being tried in civilian courts. Did I mention that I am a 22 year Army veteran? Is it okay with you if invoke my free speech rights?

How about Debra Burlingame? Her brother, Charles "Chic" Burlingame III, was piloting the plane that terrorists slammed into the Pentagon. Ms. Burlingame is opposed to terrorists being tried in civilian courts. Does she need to go somewhere else?

Time and space does not allow listing the names of family members who lost loved ones on 9/11 and those who subsequently joined the military to find this terrorist scourge, some giving "the last full measure." Do all of these patriotic Americans need to go somewhere else?

Perhaps it is Senator Conrad who needs to go somewhere else? I'm not asking North Dakotans to send Senator Conrad out of the country, just back to Bismarck.

As for me, I'm staying.

2 comments:

Epaminondas said...

Perhaps a little lesson from FDR about our system for today's dems

Unknown said...

After that comment from Conrad, I'm not sure we want him back in ND either. Unfortunately, he's not up for re-election in 2010. We North Dakotans will have to settle for bringing Earl Pomeroy and Senator Dorgan back to ND first. of course, that will be 2/3 of the ND problem solved.

Thank you for your service and the ultimate sacrifice your son paid on behalf of all of us. Most of the good people in ND are grateful to you.

Melissa