Friday, May 01, 2009

People Like Me Die Young

I'm in too deep, I've gone too far
I've lost all innocence and shame
I've attitude to be a star
I'm destined toward greater fame
I've got the look they say you need



I've got drive and inherent greed
And soon the world will know my name
I'm winning at this losing game



I'm the latest fashion
Your deepest passion



Upon your wall I'm hung



I'm in the lap of Luxury
The cover of the magazine



I'm who the world longs to be
I'm huge upon the silver screen



I'm well aware and yes I know
That once I reach the top of this
There's only one place left to go
And money won't buy happiness
People like me die young

1 comment:

Pastorius said...

Christ you know it ain't easy
You know how hard it can be
The way things are going
They're gonna crucify me ...

--- John Lennon