Saturday, September 13, 2008

Dutch To Crack Down On Burqas In Schools And Public Places



Sweet, lovely, brutal intolerance.

From the Telegraph:


The Dutch government is to extend a ban on the burka to all schools, a measure that includes a prohibition on Muslim mothers from picking their children while wearing face-covering Islamic dress.

By Bruno Waterfield in Brussels
Last Updated: 3:55PM BST 09 Sep 2008

Ronald Plasterk, the Dutch education minister, announced that the ban would apply to all schools, including private Muslim religious establishments, and their immediate surroundings.

Not only teachers, but parents and all visitors to schools, including suppliers making deliveries, will be forbidden the burka, even though only 100 women in the Netherlands, out of a population of 16.5 million, are estimated to wear it.

Legislation is expected to be agreed by the Dutch parliament next year.

Mr Plasterk has cited security concerns and the need for teachers and schoolchildren to be able to communicate properly with each other.

"It is important for children to learn that proper communication requires being able to look the other person in the eye," he said to Dutch MPs.

The legendary tolerance of the Dutch has been tested by years of controversy over the burka and radical Islam in the Netherlands.

Local authorities are now expected to follow the government ban by extending restrictions on Islamic dress to council buildings and public transport.

The burka, also known as a Niqab, is a wide dress covering the entire body, hair and neck face of a woman, leaving only a slit for the eyes.

The Dutch ban will not apply to the more common Hijab headscarf, where a woman's face is clearly visible.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wunderbar!

Quote: ". . .even though only 100 women in the Netherlands, out of a population of 16.5 million, are estimated to wear it."

All western nations take note. The self selected 100 can adapt to Netherlands societal norms or leave.

More please . . .faster!

Pastorius said...

Yes, it is wonderful.

However, I doubt that statistic of 100.

Hell, I could see 100 burqas a day if I hung out one mile down the street from freaking Disneyland.

And, we don't have nearly the problem with Islam in America that the Euros do.

Anonymous said...

OT

Explosions heard near U.S. naval base in Japan: police

No injuries had been reported after two explosions were heard late on Friday near a U.S. naval base where a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier will soon dock south of Tokyo, Japanese police said on Saturday.

?will soon dock?

WTH . . .why report that?

[ . . ]
=\o/=

Pastorius said...

Anonymouse,
I appreciate the tip.

But, I'm gonna avoid that story for now, because there is no evidence it is the work of Islamic terrorists.

Just for the record, another story I am tracking, but not posting on, is the Train Accident in Los Angeles. Twelve people died and dozens were injured when a passenger train ran into a freight train.

However, as I read the story at this point, there is no evidence of terrorism, let alone Islamic terrorism.

The thing is, while I may jump the gun on some stories, and indeed I do make mistakes, I actually do try to be cautious before I accuse Islam of having been the cause of these various tragedies, accidents, and/or attacks.

So, when I see stuff that doesn't make sense, like multiple explosions on a train in the chunnel between France and England on 9/11, and when I see that it is immediately ruled "not terror-related" and authorities scramble to give us ridiculous explanations, then I get suspicious.

But, thus far, there is no cause for suspicion in either of these two stories, that I can see.

Anonymous said...

The Japan link came up as I was about to shut down for the evening and I didn't look for further information. FWIW, I certainly don't have any expectation that every link I post in the comments will be followed up. What I enjoy is watching the blogs light up and destroy the msm whitewash of jihad when it is appropriate. Clearly, not all violence is jihad, but when there is a hint at evidence to the contrary, bloggers hunt and lock their jaws on a story like merciless pitbulls.
Do I have an agenda? Absolutely. Expose the jihad - destroy all attempts to conceal it. When a link to a breaking story is posted in the comments turns out not to be jihad related - so be it. No further commentary is expected or necessary. The stakes are too high to risk not connecting all the dots.

Pastorius said...

Anonymous, you and I are on the same page when it comes to exposing the Jihad.

I just want you to know that I really appreciate the links you leave. If I don't post on a few in a row, I hope you understand that sometimes it's because I simply don't have the time, and sometimes it might be because of other considerations, but they are always appreciated.

Anonymous said...

I'm here because I appreciate the enormity of the effort and limited time constraints of each of the terrific bloggers who post here. By posting comments I express my support of these efforts - without any expectations of reciprocation.

(smile)

Pastorius said...

:)