Saturday, August 02, 2008

Muslims Say The Darndest Things


There used to be a show, back in the earlier days of television, called Kids Say the Darndest Things. The whole premise of the show was that children, when asked the right questions, would tell the truth in an unadulterated and humorous fashion.

We really ought to start the same kind of show with Muslims, because, well, Muslims says the Darndest Thing Too:


I was just reading an article online at www.StarNewsOnline.com, a publication from North Carolina. The article was speaking about a new Mosque that has opened called the The Islamic Learning Center, located at 2117 Wrightsville Ave N.C., (910) 343-1919. 

The spokesperson for the Mosque, a Ms. Susan Ellenberg said in the article that in the Middle East there are Mosques on every corner. I then preceded to call her and speak to her about this matter. "I asked her if that was her intention, to get a Mosque on every corner and asked if she was a convert", she answered "no" to the Mosque part and "yes" to being a convert. 

I responded with "so you are ok being part of a religion that calls for my extortion and extortion of all non-Muslims as stated in Surah 9 29"? Otherwise called jizya. 

She paused and said "yes". 

I thought to myself, let me make sure I got this straight and asked "so you think Muslims are superior and non-Muslims should pay you". 

She again said "yes". 

I told her "thanks for exposing who you are and to move the Middle East, where she belongs", then I hung up. This is what we are dealing with folks, our enemy is in our backyard, all because our government does not have the guts to deal with it.


Here are three translations of Sura 9 29. The meaning is very clear.

009.029 
YUSUFALI: Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued. 
PICKTHAL: Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the Religion of Truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low. 
SHAKIR: Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection. 
Go read the whole thing.

7 comments:

Always On Watch said...

Pastorius,
I couldn't get the links to work.

Pastorius said...

What Muslims do not believe this kind of stuff?

I remember a while back we had a Palestinian Christian in my church. One time at a Bible Study, she shared her "witness", which means she shared the story of her relationship with God.

In telling us her story, she told us of all the evil things the "Zionists" did to the Palestinians.

After she was done spewing her propaganda (about how all Palestinians had their land stolen, and how the Zionists had no business in the land of Israel, she took questions.

I asked her about the Jizya, about how it was, in effect, second-class citizenship and oppression of a people based upon their religion.

She answered, "Yes, that is true." No embellishment. No apology. Nothing.

It's just true. And, it was absolutely fine with her. That is, let us be clear, it was fine with her that she, as a Palestinian Christian, was a second-class citizen.

I think you can bet that almost all Muslims would agree with this, if even the Christians are ok with it.

Anonymous said...

That was one dhimass Palestinian Christian, Jaco. And I think it is true, too, especially with liberal denominations, that they feel the same way about Israel being the occupiers. I once had a bizarre conversation with a man I would otherwise think is a decent christian, and he believed Israel was wrong to exist, because in his thinking, it was wrong to have any countries based on religion. Yeah, WTF. I pointed out that Israel was a secular democracy surrounded by deeply religious countries, whose borders were delineated by western powers, no artifice there, right? And that they offered no religious freedom to anyone - not even muslims. He held to his beliefs. What a dumb ox.

Pastorius said...

I think you'll hear everything when it comes to Israel.

Anonymous said...

OMG . . . that pic is priceless. (photoshop?) One wonders if Islamic rage boy knows his image has designated him a world class laughing stock?!

Pastorius said...

Anonymous,
I wish I could say I was funny enough and talented enough to have created this RageBoy pic, but it is actually real.

He was interviewed by some British Daily Newspaper and they took this photo, and when I saw it, I thought, "Oh my God, that is the perfect photo for my title."

Pastorius said...

By the way, I found it by Googling the words "Muslim Fool."

LOL