Thursday, October 11, 2007

Victim of gang rape: abandoned by the Government and hunted by the rapists

From Gallia Watch:

"Just before the arrests the police told me that I had to leave my home." The wanderings begin. First the organization Ni Putes Ni Soumises gave her a studio apartment in Hauts-de-Seine. "Then, they told me to go to a small village near Grenoble." She stayed there until September 2006. "Then I returned to my father's house in Fontenay, in the project of les Larris. We had to leave very early in the morning. For weeks I didn't go out. Someone tried to break into our home at night." She then went to her mother-in-law's, near Paris, then to a young workers hostel until January, when she was recognized by a former resident of les Larris. Another move. Today she lives somewhere in the Parisian suburbs, in a state of anxiety and bitterness. "I can't stay here. We had let our guard down, but since the attack on my mother, I'm living again in fear. I have no news from anybody. I wrote to Sarkozy. The prefect of Val-de-Marne told me to apply for housing at city hall. This story has received much media attention, and then, they forgot about us, dropped us completely. We were promised an apartment, police and court protection, and I was even told I could change my name."

According to Le Figaro, the gang rapes took place betweeen the end of 1999 and 2005. The raped girls have been accused of "having psyquiatric problems", of "being easy women", or even of "not having an stable life". One of the girls has already psyquiatric problems but because of the gang rape.

As a result of the accusations, between 40 and 50 boys were detained. But most of the people considered that they were innocent and that they did not have had never any problem with women. The mistakes the raped girls made when describing them caused the freeing of some of them.

But the "youths" are now beginning to threaten them without any kind of restraint:

Last week her mother filed a complaint at the Fontenay police station after being attacked in the lobby of her building with a sharp object. "Now I know where you sleep, you and your w... daughter. Before the trial we're going to f... both of you. And that's just a sample of what you can expect," the unknown assailant said to her.

More here.

No comments: