Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Islamic forums

Great for a laugh eh? Well may be not a laugh. Not a laugh at all in fact. Bit of repulsion? No problem. Fancy a bit of depression? Sure thing.

LGF highlights the posting of a jihadi video at an Islamic forum

A casual browse along, and there's another post.

As a convert in the post 9/11 world I know that to the West, a veil is now synonymous with terrorism over oppression. My father, a middle-class Catholic, once rang me the day after 9/11 to enquire as to my whereabouts. “So? What have you been up to?” he asked, in an attempt to appear casual. “Well, it wasn’t me,” I assured him. We laughed together, but he is clearly relieved. He never ceases to amuse me with his proposals.
“I’ll give you a thousand pounds if you take off your veil and walk down the length of Oxford Street with me,” he offered, perfectly serious. [What a preposterous idea!! - Ed]

Poor bloke.

This err, lass, has a website she contributes to snappily titled al-istiqamah where she agonises how intolerant everyone is of her chosen belief of strict Islam. The horror she felt when somebody shouted 'ninja' at her. How terrible. Like she says she rarely goes out without her husband (chafeur she calls him). Here's a tip lass, if it's so terribly intolerant over here... Perhaps you'd consider Saudia Arabia as a place for living? That's more to your tastes, is it not???

If I, lassy, were to go a live in an Islamic state I'd certainly be whipped, tortured and probably EXECUTED if not by the mob then by the state - if I were to carry on as I do in this country of mine, Great Britain.

Update: This lass, totally vexed by frightful reactions to her full length ghost outfit (as it was described to me by a young child), has no idea why people are so suspicious. Coincidentally, the first European Muslim to stage a suicide attack was also Catholic before she converted to the wondrous religion.

3 comments:

Pastorius said...

This is a great post, Jonz.

Good comment on what would happen to you in Saudi Arabia. This Muslima complains about the stares and Ninja comments. When you contrast her imageined agonies with the very real agonies that people like you and I would suffer in places like Saudi Arabia, it really drives the point home.

Great job.

I love the child's perspective on the burqa.

Anonymous said...

Cheers :)

Yes, children just say what's on their minds don't they? An adult would have trouble getting away with that!

Pastorius said...

But, of course, in our politically-correct world, where everything is ok as long as you're "doing it for the kids," it is always ok to quote the wisdom of children.