Thursday, December 14, 2006

Infidel Hunk of the Week



This guy has really got me interested. Now I grew up with Bond, and with the biggest Bond fanatic ever (my Dad). However, we all know that the franchise lost steam after a while. Blame it on the end of the Cold War, blame it on bad casting, whatever you want, the geo-political sphere was stacked against 007 as well as popular culture. People wanted a rough and tumble Bruce Willis hero thrown into situations, not assigned to them. Effete Englishmen just weren't cutting it anymore, even when they were actually Irish.

Major scene change; the world wants our James Bonds back now, and we want them tough, still smooth enough to be Bond, but ruthless enough to play the other side of the character. We want a guy that our governments can send out to do the dirty work and come through it all in victory. Not only is this again the time for Bond, but they finally picked one who measures up.

And I haven't even gotten to see the film yet! But yum, yum, yummy, yum.

7 comments:

Jay.Mac said...

Better hope that the producers don't pick up on this genius' latest idea- he wants to play Bond as gay apparently.

I'm beginning to think that he may have received a nasty blow to the head filming one of those action scenes...

Kiddo said...

Yeah, I read that too. Maybe he won't last, but it's nice to see while he's still Bond. Bond just isn't gay. As much as I am for gay rights, I myself could never be gay. Bond, though fictional, I see the same way. Still, it's nice to have Bond BACK. And he's got it from what I see.

Anonymous said...

At least he has a Brit accent, which IMO is a MUST for Bond.

Epaminondas said...

Gay Bond = end of western civilization

Kiddo said...

Oh, don't get all nutso over the gay thing. That's just the actor's idea, anyway. We NEED our Bond right now. Besides, look at that "uncovered meat"....LOL

Pastorius said...

Why is it always just guys commenting on the Hunk of the Week?

:)

Kiddo said...

Don't know, Pastorius. I really just wanted that other guy to go away (no offense to Pamela). So post my hunk, already!