Friday, October 13, 2006

"I Love The Way People Live Here"


Thanks to YARGB for making me aware of this:


Salman Rushdie


"But you see it every day, this surrender,' he says. He runs through a list of the theatres and galleries that have censored themselves in the face of religious fundamentalist protests. He mentions that the entire British media - from the BBC down - placed itself in purdah during the Mohammed cartoons episode. 'What I fear most is that, when we look back in 25 years' time at this moment, what we will have seen is the surrender of the West, without a shot being fired.

They'll say that in the name of tolerance and acceptance, we tied our own hands and slit our own throats.

One of the things that have made me live my entire life in these countries is because I love the way people live here.'"


Salman Rushdie's Girlfriend, Padma Lakshmi (for gratuitous purposes only.)

6 comments:

Epaminondas said...

That ....thing.. she has on shows she is modest.

I approve.

Pastorius said...

Yes, she is, because she knows she would have looked even better absolutely naked.

Watcher said...

I nominate her for the next Infidel Babe Of The Week.

Pastorius said...

She's been the babe of the week already.

Anonymous said...

Love her :-)

Pastorius said...

No kidding, huh?

That's one hot Infidel.