Saturday, September 16, 2006

The Religion Of Cute Little Fluffy Kittens



For the past week I have been getting an earful from a leftie friend who is insisting upon lecturing me for calling our enemy Islamofascism. I have patiently instructed this woman that the specific reason I use the term is to differentiate our enemy from common, everyday, decent human beings who are Muslim.

This is not enough for the woman, because she is a dumb appeasing hippie who is afraid of any labels. She said so herself. "I don't like the idea of labeling."

I pointed out to her that words have definitions and we use words to label things in order to make distinctions within reality. If we didn't do this, everything would be a big mush to us, and we would be unable to exert the intellectual power we have in order to create, innovate, and enact change.

Of course, being that she is a dumb appeasing leftie hippie, all logic is lost on her disappearing in a cloud of marijuana smoke, and her anger at me for being a bigot.

Well, you know what? I've decided she is right after all.

No longer will I call our enemy "Islamofascism." It's just too mean. I have been being bigoted. I should never have been so judgemental and negative. The situation simply doesn't warrant such rhetoric.

So, from now on I will call Islam the Religion of Cute Little Fluffy Kittens, and I would ask all of the bloggers here at IBA to do the same

Now this new name will not cause me to refrain from telling the truth about the Religion of Cute Fluffy Little Kittens, because for sure the followers of said religion tell us, time and again, in word and action, that they want to separate our heads from our bodies, that they want to enshroud women in portable concentration camps, that they want to kill gay people, that they want to slice women's clitoris' off their bodies, that they want to wipe Israel off the map, that they want to put an end to free speech, that they want to enslave the entire world under their medieval Sharia law, etc. etc. etc.

Aren't those just the cutest little fluffy fucking kittens you have ever seen?

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd bet 15 to 1 that your leftie friend is either American or English.

If American, I'd bet 25 to 1 that she has been to college.

Average Family Guy said...

Fluffy Kittens? I am LOL! That's Great! BUT, You know, the world is witnessing some amazing events. Islamist head of State, Iran's Ahmadinejad, calls for Islamic leaders to envision a world without the Zionists and America. Islamists are attacking worldwide with terror. Worldwide. The Pope voices historical comments and facts, and the Islamic world has a hissy fit. Get ready for more folks. IT IS COMING. Hatred is growing.

Bubba's Pravda
bubbaspravda.blogspot.com

Pastorius said...

Bubba's Pravda, you got all that right. But, as bad as the hatred is, at least it's coming in the form of cute fluffy little kittens.

How bad could it be?

Kiddo said...

Hiss on, kitties!!

Pastorius said...

Some of these kittens might have rabies.

Anonymous said...

I pointed out to her that words have definitions and we use words to label things in order to make distinctions within reality. If we didn't do this, everything would be a big mush to us, and we would be unable to exert the intellectual power we have in order to create, innovate, and enact change.

Actually, without this capability, we couldn't even come up with a way of labeling the act of labeling, so criticising it would become difficult :P. (Which somehow reminds me a bit of people who say that "all generalizations are bad", thus making a "bad" generalization about generalizations.)

Pastorius said...

Good point.

And, of course, it's probably bit bigoted of me to lump all cute little fluffy kittens together as well. I'm sure they don't like being pigeonholed that way. There is probably a wide variety of opinions within the cute little fluffy kitten subset.

Generalizations are bad, labeling is bad, judgements are bad. I might have to cease thinking altogether.

Pastorius said...

Turn,
My friend is in her fifties. I don't think she's going to change. I've known her for a long time and she hasn't changed a bit since I have known her.

Pastorius said...

Demosthenes,
I didn't know they hate cats too.

Does this means I'm gonna get a fatwa?

Pastorius said...

Well put, PG.

Thing is, it isn't just these groups. Major imams, academics, politicians, and journalists around the world agree with CAIR and the Muslim Brotherhood.

In fact, as far as I can tell, there is not a single moderate Muslim organization, media outlet, religious society, or government, of any distinction, anywhere in the world.

Pastorius said...

The Religion of Big, Fat Medium Rare Steaks?

Kiddo said...

True, but the more aggressive movements that are organized in Dar al Islam want to seem a UNIFIED FORCE against any opponents, even though we know that there are many rifts within. I talk to Muslims who think this crap is absurd, but they have no real leadership to speak out against it, and if they did so personally they'd be "traitors to the unified front" phenomenon. Then they'd be the first and easiest targets.

When you think about it, we, with what we write and say, are dissenters to the popular ideology. If we didn't speak out online and have the few writers and such out there expressing what we feel, wouldn't we be just as disenfranchised as any Muslim who disagreed with the popular opinion in Dar al Islam? Just a little bit of "devil's advocate" there. But it may just be true.

Anonymous said...

I talk to Muslims who think this crap is absurd, but they have no real leadership to speak out against it

Nor do they have any authority or principle on which to support their disagreement, beyond that of themselves and their own will. That's the underlying problem.

Pastorius said...

Hey, I recognize that Anonymous guy.

How are you doing, my friend?

Anonymous said...

Hey, I recognize that Anonymous guy.

LOL. Hi there, Pastorius :).

How are you doing, my friend?

I'm OK, although a bit busy these days, so I only occasionally drop by this place. What about you?

Pastorius said...

Anonymous,
I'm doing well. How about that? I knew you hadn't been around for awhile.

Anyway, as always, I will say I understand your point.

In fact, check out this post and the comments thread:

http://cuanas.blogspot.com/2006/09/for-record-my-take-on-oriana-fallaci.html

Pastorius said...

That's my own personal blog, in case you didn't know.