Saturday, July 15, 2006

Why the West Will NEVER Understand the Motivations of the Arab World


Israel has every right to exist as it does, the land of "Palestine" was never not populated by Jews, they were just held down as dhimmis as they were in the rest of the Arab world. Sorry Dar al Islam, just like in "al-Andalus", sometimes those you have subjugated decide to fight back. This is a fact of life, get used to it.

Yet the Arab world cannot get past this fact, nor get used to it. Hence, they have been begging the West and anyone else who would listen for years now that they have been ruined by this humiliation and the military and diplomatic support of Israel by the United States. The biggest problem here is that it is almost impossible for Westerners, even those engaged in the most absurd forms of self-flaggelation for being Westerners, to truly understand the Arab sense of "being" and what every Arab grows up understanding as their culture. Furthermore, since Islam is one of the greatest forces of imperialism on the planet, this mindset has been exported well beyond the Arab world, even if non-Arab Muslims don't feel the sting quite as much. The point is, the concepts of "honor" and "shame" mean something indescribably deep in the Arab world that the West will never be able to really get its head around. And not being able to understand it, Westerners have couched the Arab dissenters in Western forms. We have the "freedom fighters" instead of "terrorists". We have the "rage of the impoverished" instead of the fact that most doing the fighting are hardly poor. Any form of Western romanticism will do, as long as it's not that love of "the little guy", which Israel most certainly is, surrounded by a whole region determined to destroy it utterly (see above).

Read the rest at: What Would Charles Martel Do?

7 comments:

Dag said...

We're fighting back in Vancouver, Canada.

http://covenantzone.blogspot.com/2006/07/vancouver-hip-hop-festival-is-hate.html

Pastorius said...

Pim's Ghost, I agree with you that the Arab Mind is a difficult nut for Westerners to crack, but I think there are simple mechanistic ways to understand Arab thought. For instance:

Once Arabs own something, they believe it is theirs forever. If you take it away from them they will throw a tantrum until you give it back to them.

So, what does that remind you of?

Yes, exactly, it is just like the behavior of a three year old.

Right?

Now, it sounds as if I am being simplistic and racist.

Sure it does, right?

But, the thing is, this mode of thought is taught in the Koran. Dar al-Islam belongs to Muslims. If Muslims lose a piece of Dar al-Islam, it is still theirs, and they are to wage Jihad until they get it back.

This is why they are so angry about Andalusia (Spain) even though they lost that over 500 years ago.

500 years may seem like a long time for a temper tantrum, yes, but then, that's the impressive thing about Arab culture.

Pastorius said...

Let me be specific, the phrase Dar al-Islam means land of Islam. The phrase itself does not appear in the Koran. However, the Koran does lay out the idea that Muslims must wage Jihad against the infidel until all nations are united for Allah under Sharia law.

This means they would be Dar al-Islam.

By the way, Pim, I am not saying this stuff for your benefit. I know you know all this. I am just writing it to make the argument clear.

Kiddo said...

ds--Thank you more than I can really express. Your comments bring clarity to what I wrote, and I probably am wrong on some points. I do know that Jews were kept down and considered property of local sultans into the 1920s in some regions, not sure about in what is now Israel. I know that the Zionists were returning earlier than many think (ie. far before World War II) and were rebuilding the region, but this not my strongest point of knowledge, ashamed as I am to admit it.

I agree that the majority of those in Europe and in the US are less willing to stand up to the bluster and bullying of Arabs than we should be.

As for a nickname, you need to put a video on YouTube first, then combine the insults you get....lol

Pastorius--yeah, I guess I'm preaching to the choir on this one in a way. WE know how the Arab mindset works, but everyone else keeps missing the bloody target. And the target now has ground control workers waving people in! But for all the talk of trying to truly "understand" other cultures, most people haven't a clue when it comes to Arabs. But then here, I am preaching to the choir.

I'd better go check the news and see if any more countries are freaking out like N. Korea just did....

John Sobieski said...

As you are probably aware, I have an online copy of Servier's Mind of the Musulman, written for the elite and bureaucrats controlling the govt and making foreign relation decisions. Sadly his warnings were ignored and look at France now. That was 1923 and being politically incorrect was no big deal.

http://musulmanbook.blogspot.com

Kiddo said...

Sobieski--actually, I haven't seen that. Having a bit of computer trouble too....I think that lightning strike hurt more than the ethernet card....maybe back to the other MAC for a while....

DS--oh yeah, I've actually doubled over laughing at the comments I've gotten on YT, and then I REALLY lost it with the fits of laughter over my "Balloon Logo" I made for "Neo-Con Zionist Jew Bitch Whore". But I've been stopped on the street without saying a WORD and been accused of being an "evil Jew". Weird, eh? Actually, I get asked if I'm Jewish all the time. I don't get it. The world seems unaware of the amount of ethnic groups out there. But now , of course, I can just say, "No, I am a Neo-Con Zionist Jew Bitch Whore, thank you."

Kiddo said...

ds--I usually treat them to questions about the slaughtered and dispersed peoples of Asia Minor and why thye know nothing about them. Heeheehee.