Monday, June 26, 2006

Danish Music: Ali Kazim about Racism in Denmark

Some time ago I wrote about Outlandish's Israel hating piece. Here's another song from one of the Danish muslim singers, that curse the "horrible discrimination" of muslims in Denmark. This is a piece that has been played decently in the Danish media, without much notice about what it really tells. It's Danish but I'll translate it here.



Questions

Questions
What do you want
by the way you hate us

Questions
that I hope you can answer us about

Questions
it ends with a demonstration [not correctly translated but the meaning is there]
More problems will happen

Questions
Guess what we together could achieve

Dear Denmark, I have some questions
to you who almost not dare to walk down nørrebro
My name is Ali Kazim, the voice of the street
2. g [word for 2. generation immigrant] , you now - the enemy of the Danes
because the media curse me
connect me with gangsigns,
honor killings, terrorism
I'm this country's mistake
The reason to why Pia [Pia Kjærsgaard (DF) Danish politican that are hostile towards immigration] do not use politics in the election campaign
exploit our prejudices to control us all

But I was born here, came to die here
Though my religion and traditions offends you
is it the brown skin, is it the believe of God
What is the reason for your view on me being so black

Am I a lesser human being
because I don't eat bacon rind
and my culture is not like yours

When my parents came, we was guest worker
2. generation after we're almost Al-Qaida

I remember my sisters crying
when she was spit in the head
because she was dark skinned, and wears headscarf
So this is my comment
both as a Dane and as a immigrant
with hope for a mutual respect from all

Questions
What do you want
by the way you hate us

Questions
that I hope you can answer us about

Questions
it ends with a demonstration
More problems will happen

Questions
Guess what we together could achieve

We are born equal and must be treat equal
It is with the the risk of our lifes, when we flee from a country in war

They scream into our heads without saying anything
A breath of fresh air over the country is more gas at the fire [I guess this is a comment towards an election compaign by DF (with Pia Kjærsgaard) where they promote "DF - A breath of fresh air over the country"]
The country that show and spread hate when they write
Expose us as animals that rape the Danish girls

My dad drudge out at a boring job
payed his tax, and now he isn't welcome up here

Labour market see us as a death threat
Some is actually educated brain surgeons driving busses

And you don't know whether you should call us new Danes [it's a term that has been frequently used for 1. and 2. generation immigrants]
foreign worker or crazy gangster

Should we have a description and a number
only viewed in the coloumns of the newspaper
as violent criminal with knifes on us
Doesn't we have a right to all beautiful in this life
Should we be labeled
Could it be any stupider

Why getting integrated in a society
that wears blinkers
Not accept us of the same reason
It's like a kid being victimized in the school
Let themselves in, lose themselves, lose the believe

But should I be honest with you
I hope for your understanding
Because then this song has been worth it

Questions
What do you want
by the way you hate us

Questions
that I hope you can answer us about

Questions
it ends with a demonstration
More problems will happen

Questions
Guess what we together could achieve


This song is so discriminating, so disrespectful, and so outright disgusting that I don't know what to say. Sadly I haven't seen any questioning about this song (only on the net), but maybe I've just overlooked it in the media. I don't count on it though.

Ok, let's see. He's a 2. generation immigrant, so he has not been forced to flee any country or experienced war. He constantly polarize Danes and "immigrants" (in his racial stereotype view on the world it would be any dark skinned muslim). Jews are advised by the police not to go through Nørrebro showing their believe. This have been said by high ranked police officer (more correctly it is said that it "would give problems"). Kazim says that Pia Kjærsgaard doesn't do politics, and is actually showing somewhat a believe of a conspiracy of Pia Kjærsgaard controlling Danish politics.

This song is such a big disgrace to ANY immigrant. He probably didn't knew how, recently, Greenlanders and children from former Danish West-Indian Islands was treated. Or longer back Jews. He doesn't know anything about being treated bad as an immigrant. Yeah, there are some low-life racists that might have called him "black pig" or even assaulted him, but heck so many others has also been discriminated because of their skin, religion or believe. I have been called "fascist", "jewboy", "racist", and so on, for example.

And to use bacon rinds as why "we Danes" doesn't like him is like the lowest and worst argument ever. Actually I myself doesn't eat pork. Vegetarians, jews, buddhists, hinduists doesn't eat pork. And there are many, many other Danes that doesn't eat pork. And for believing in God, well, there is a lot of non-muslim Danes that believes in God. More than 80% of the Danish population is a member of The Danish Peoples Church. But I guess he believe the God in Islam (Allah) is the only true God.

He doesn't AT ALL criticise muslims or immigrants. He only asks for mutual respects. And then he threaten that if this doesn't stop, PROBLEMS will happen (when the demonstration happen).

Now, people here in Denmark are getting slightly more racist, sadly. But what it is now will be nothing to compare to how it would be in some years, or what it was decades ago. Bad things will happen. It is going to be very ugly. Many people begin to think irrational things like against Turkey in EU. And I can't see this will turn.

The interresting part for you is that this song express what many muslims and leftists thinks (here in Scandinavia at least).

1 comment:

Pastorius said...

DS,
I agree that this song does express what many Muslims and leftists think, and that is tragic and frightening.

I have a question; is it possible for a typical intelligent second -generation black-skinned Muslim Dane to get into a good college in Denmark? Do you see black-skinned Muslim Danes in positions of responsibility in Denmark, or are they only in low-end jobs?