Friday, April 28, 2006

Swedish Muslims Demand Sharia

From Little Green Footballs:


Sweden’s largest Muslim organisation has demanded that Sweden introduce separate laws for Muslims, according to Swedish television. Sweden’s equality minister Jens Orback called the proposals “completely unacceptable”.

The Swedish Muslim Association, which represents around 70,000 Muslims in Sweden, has sent a letter to all Sweden’s main political parties suggesting a number of reforms, SVT’s Rapport programme reported.

The proposals include allowing imams into state (public) schools to give Muslim children separate lessons in Islam and their parents’ native languages. The letter also said that boys and girls should have separate swimming lessons and that divorces between Muslims should be approved by an imam.

The letter provoked an instant, and damning, response from integration and equality minister Jens Orback. “We will not have separate laws in Sweden. In Sweden, we are all equal before the law. In Sweden, we have fought for a long time to achieve gender-neutral laws, and to propose that certain groups should not be treated like others is completely unacceptable.”

Orback said he had spoken to representatives of the Swedish Muslim Council, and they did not support the association’s position. “We have freedom of speech, we have the right to opinions and we have the right to make proposals - but if a law is going to be changed, it must be the same for everyone.”

Asked whether the proposal plays into the hands of racists, Orback said that it did.


How long until Orback starts singing a different tune?

First thing everyone is worried about is how it will play with the racists. Man, that's pathetic. They need to worry about what is happening to their society.

9 comments:

Christine said...

What is happening to their society?

Exactly what the muslims have been planning to happen there and everywhere.

For Sweden's sake, let's hope that there are a lot of Jens Orback's and they don't give in.

*ripping my hair out*

Kiddo said...

I just hope and pray that the more they demand the more the people are angered and push back! Of course, in Sweden's major cities the majority populations are no longer Swedes, which may present a problem. We need a Minutemen-like organization that is willing to and able to operate in EU countries. Something like the "Rangers of the North", perhaps?

Kiddo said...

OK, I'm jarred out of my convalescence. I'll be writing today. Then I'll be reading my Benedict XVI.

Dag said...

Let's invade Sweden.

http://nodhimmitude.blogspot.com/2005/06/lets-invade-sweden.html

D.C. said...

Just like in canada, they can try1

Leap Frog lived in Sweden.
Can't wait for her to see this post.

Kiddo said...

My open letter to Muslims in the West. Warning, this isn't worded very, um, nicely.
What Would Charles Martel Do?

Kiddo said...

Hey, I linked my site!!! Wow! Thanks Snouck.

Kiddo said...

Man, this one hacked me off so bad that I wrote an open letter to the "Muslims living in the West". I urge as many people as can and would like to to do the same. I used the same stern language of Arab bluster, only I was totally serious. I just think that the more Muslims see strong statements from Westerners, the better.

I realize that those of you out there living in countries where there are "incitement laws" cannot really write such treatises, but I think the more strongly worded letters that can be written and shared around the web and elsewhere the better. I am currently working in the mode of the American Founding Fathers and their pamphleteering their way into a Revolution. This has become my new model, in many ways, though I urge no one to follow that. I just think that as many strongly worded statements (exactly what the Islamic world uses themselves) the better. They are using their tactics against us, here's one I'm throwing back at them.

leap_frog said...

oh yeah, Sveeeeeden...

On a brighter note, I'm over my drinking problem now!
I'll never touch a potato or snapps again! LOL Just kidding, I still like potatos!

No, I did not enjoy myself per sey, but I was not a tourist just a supporting wife who's hubby was on a contract, so it was way too long a stay-8 months.

Saw much, and assoicated with some of the immigrants, mostly christians or whatever... never questioned about that much, but no the muslims didn't talk to us.

Neither did the Swedes.

Seriously wonder if their collective guilt of their countries actions during WWII is serving to be their undoing today.

Kids are undisiplined there, they don't even give out grades until the upper years. If you have a formal title like Dr. they never address you as such. Not to offend the non-Drs. I gathered. Muslim children er, boys ran wild. Witnessed them being little vandals in front of Mom, all wrapped in a burka, and nothing was said or done, not by store personel or Mom... strange.